Cracking the PM Career: The Skills, Frameworks, and Practices to Become a Great Product Manager
points - Details)
From the authors of the best-selling Cracking the PM Interview comes the complete information to the expertise, frameworks, and practices to grow to be a nice product supervisor. It will assist you level-up your expertise and profession out of your first product administration function by way of product management, addressing questions like:
- What does it take to grow to be a nice product supervisor and nice chief?
- How are you able to reliably ship merchandise that make a distinction in the world?
- How do you construct your product instinct, hone your execution, strengthen your management, and develop your strategic expertise?
- What does it take to lead and encourage groups?
- When is individuals administration the proper profession transfer?
- How does excellence in these expertise translate into profession success?
This e book will educate you the dependable frameworks and greatest practices that enhance your probabilities of transport a profitable product. The frameworks will not remodel you into a nice product supervisor in a single day or assure that your merchandise by no means fail, however they’re going to assist you keep away from the most typical issues and offer you the construction to begin experimenting, reflecting, and enhancing.
You’ll learn the way to:
- Design high-quality merchandise that delight customers and remedy individuals’s wants.
- Run and ship your initiatives shortly, easily, and successfully.
- Create product visions and methods to set path and optimize for long-term impression.
- Lead individuals and affect with out authority.
- Manage individuals, develop nice PMs, construct nice groups, and create nice product organizations.
- Manage your profession so you possibly can translate your efforts into the recognition you deserve.
- Getting Started: the product life cycle; the first 90 days
- Product Skills: person analysis; A/B assessments; drawback fixing frameworks; programs considering; product discovery; design sprints; moral product design; technical phrases and ideas; product documentation (specs and PRDs)
- Execution Skills: agile undertaking administration; minimal viable merchandise (MVPs); incremental improvement; product launches; time administration; overcoming obstacles
- Strategic Skills: product imaginative and prescient; technique; roadmaps; targets and OKRs
- Leadership Skills: progress mindset; possession mentality; influencing with out authority; stakeholder administration; collaboration; communication; inspiring a staff; mentoring; working with designers, engineers, and executives
- People Management Skills: turning into a individuals supervisor; being a member of the management staff; reviewing work; holding individuals accountable; teaching and improvement; recruiting and interviewing; product processes; organizational constructions
- Careers: profession ladders; profession targets; partnering along with your supervisor; selecting the proper staff; negotiations; networking; dealing with dangerous conditions; profession choices past PM
- Product Leader Q&A: in-depth profession interviews with eleven profitable product leaders who’ve chosen profession paths together with CPO, head of product, CEO, social impression work, enterprise capital, angel investing, teaching, and beginning their very own corporations.
And a lot, rather more.
Featuring tales from over fifty PMs and product leaders who’ve labored at organizations together with: Adobe, AirBnB, Amazon, Apple, Asana, Atlassian, Calendly, Chan-Zuckerberg Institute, Chegg, Cisco, City of San Jose, Coda, Coinbase, Dropbox, eBay, Facebook, FlipKart, Gojek, Google, HSBC, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium, Microsoft, Netflix, OpenTable, Pinterest, Pocket Gems, Quora, Samsara, Slack, Sonos, Stripe, Swiggy, Twitter, Uber, Walmart Labs, Yahoo, and Yelp.