Designing Games: A Guide to Engineering Experiences
(as of Sep 19,2021 23:59:16 UTC – Details)
Ready to give your design abilities an actual enhance? This eye-opening guide helps you discover the design construction behind most of in the present day’s hit video video games. You’ll study ideas and practices for crafting video games that generate emotionally charged experiences—a mix of chic sport mechanics, compelling fiction, and tempo that absolutely immerses gamers.
In clear and approachable prose, design professional Tynan Sylvester additionally appears on the day-to-day course of crucial to maintain your challenge on observe, together with how to work with a group, and the way to keep away from inventive lifeless ends. Packed with examples, this guide will change your notion of sport design.
- Create sport mechanics to set off a variety of feelings and supply quite a lot of play
- Explore a number of choices for combining narrative with interactivity
- Build interactions that allow multiplayer avid gamers get into one another’s heads
- Motivate gamers by way of rewards that align with the remainder of the sport
- Establish a metaphor vocabulary to assist gamers study which design facets are sport mechanics
- Plan, take a look at, and analyze your design by way of iteration reasonably than deciding every thing up entrance
- Learn how your sport’s market positioning will have an effect on your design
Publisher:O’Reilly Media; 1st version (March 12, 2013)
Item Weight:1.23 kilos
Dimensions:6 x 0.88 x 9 inches