Effective C: An Introduction to Professional C Programming
points - Details)
The world runs on code written within the C programming language, but most faculties start the curriculum with Python or Java. Effective C bridges this hole and brings C into the trendy era–covering the trendy C17 Standard in addition to potential C2x options. With assistance from this immediate traditional, you will quickly be writing skilled, transportable, and safe C packages to energy sturdy programs and remedy real-world issues.
Robert C. Seacord introduces C and the C Standard Library whereas addressing greatest practices, frequent errors, and open debates within the C group. Developed along with different C Standards committee specialists, Effective C will educate you ways to debug, take a look at, and analyze C packages. You’ll profit from Seacord’s concise explanations of C language constructs and behaviors, and from his 40 years of coding expertise.
You’ll be taught:
• How to determine and deal with undefined habits in a C program
• The vary and representations of integers and floating-point values
• How dynamic reminiscence allocation works and the way to use nonstandard capabilities
• How to use character encodings and kinds
• How to carry out I/O with terminals and filesystems utilizing C Standard streams and POSIX file descriptors
• How to perceive the C compiler’s translation phases and the function of the preprocessor
• How to take a look at, debug, and analyze C packages
Effective C will educate you ways to write skilled, safe, and transportable C code that can stand the take a look at of time and assist strengthen the muse of the computing world.
From the Publisher