How to Submit a Column to InformationWeek
Some of one of the best IT management and strategic recommendation comes straight from our readers, and we wish to make it simpler for them to take part. InfoWeek accepts commentary columns from IT practitioners who need to share new concepts, provide insights on current know-how implementations, or change IT management experiences that would assist not solely their friends but in addition these on a management monitor.
Here’s a fast rundown of often requested questions concerning how to submit your column for potential publication:
Where do I ship my submission?
Send your submissions for evaluation at: [email protected]
Can I submit one thing I’ve printed elsewhere?
No. All copy for InfoWeek should be unique. It can not seem elsewhere beforehand. However, after it has been posted on InfoWeek, you possibly can summarize the column (one or two paragraphs) on a private or company weblog and supply a hyperlink again to the total model on InfoWeek.com.
What sort of voice ought to I write in?
Write in your voice. Bring your character and a distinct viewpoint. Please additionally write in lively vs. passive voice.
How can I make my column most helpful to readers?
- Provide real-world examples. The extra you possibly can draw from your personal experiences, the higher.
- Be sensible in your recommendation. How are you able to assist others who would possibly run into the identical drawback or errors you or your crew simply solved? What are the takeaways?
- Provide particular particulars as a substitute of generalities. It’s additionally at all times useful to embrace hyperlinks and attribution.
- Be authentic. We do typically see the identical concepts come by means of. Take a have a look at our just lately posted content material and inform us why your subject is recent and necessary now.
- Draw out of your technical background however assume strategically about it (don’t get slowed down within the weeds).
Do you settle for articles from IT leaders from vendor corporations?
Yes, typically, however we do reject articles that promote merchandise or traits related to their firm’s vested pursuits. We do evaluation the seller web site for conflicts of curiosity/promotional messaging.
How lengthy ought to a column be?
We search for considerate opinion columns that run between 600 and 800 phrases in size.
Do I receives a commission?
No. Commentary/visitor items are unpaid.
Will you edit my submission?
We will copy edit the submission, however what you ship us have to be readable and clear after we obtain it. If it doesn’t meet our requirements, we are going to decline the submission. We could have some follow-up questions, and we’re glad to talk about these with the writer, in fact.
How lengthy will it take to get a response to my concept or submission?
We obtain a massive variety of submissions; due to this fact, we are able to’t at all times reply to each inquiry. Please be affected person, and we’ll strive to reply inside a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, we merely don’t have the assets to clarify why a submission will not be chosen.
Other necessities that may assist velocity the method:
- Submit your draft to [email protected] as a Word attachment.
- Please embrace a headline, brief abstract (two sentences), writer byline, writer bio, writer picture (bonuses: writer e mail tackle, Twitter deal with and LinkedIn tackle).
- Send us clear copy. Read it out loud, put it by means of spell examine, truth examine. The simpler it’s for us to learn, the extra rapidly we’ll have a solution for you.
We look ahead to listening to from you. If we reject your concept this time, please be happy to strive once more!